Being a mom can be hard.
Being a stay at home mom can be hard.
Being a working mom can be hard.
Consensus - it can all be hard.
If we let it.
I've never loved the term, "working mom", because all mom's work. Having a kid is work from the second you start growing that little bean.
For almost seven years of my professional life, I've done it while being a mom. I have minimalist hacks to share with you. I plan on putting them into a book, that I'm writing....TODAY!
Today, I'm not talking about struggle. Let that shit go.
Instead, I'm going to share with you 10 reasons why having kids + a job rocks.
Top 10 reasons why I love having kids and a job
- Quiet car rides
- Talking to grown ups
- Using different brain-parts
- Work is more relaxing than mom-ing all day
- If my husband lost his job we wouldn’t be eating cat food (well, right away anyway)
- I want my kids to see their mother do work she enjoys outside of housework
- Kids are the BEST excuse for taking sick days (whether they’re sick or not). “Kid is sick, not coming in today”. No need to make up elaborate stories about bad lamb chops.
- A great excuse when I need hubs to pick up the slack with the kids, “honey, I have to work tonight, can you put the kids to bed?”
- Giving my kids a super gigantic hug at the end of the day
Why do you love the job + mom role?