The pursuit of minimalism is near and dear to my heart.
Or maybe I should say the progress I'm making towards minimalism is near and dear to my heart...
Or, wait, in the essence of minimalism I should say "I want less shit"
To inspire you UNFUSS your shit, here's a collection of my favorite quotes on minimalism:
- “Less is more.” - Ludwig Mies van der Rohe (betcha didn’t know who said this)
- “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.” - Albert Einstein
- “Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” - Antoine de Saint-Exupe
- “Fear less, hope more; eat less, chew more; whine less, breathe more; talk less, say more; love more, and all good things will be yours.” - Swedish proverb
- “The secret of happiness, you see, is not found in seeking more, but in developing the capacity to enjoy less.” - Socrates
- “Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished.” - Lao Tzu
- “Three Rules of Work: Out of clutter find simplicity; From discord find harmony; In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.” - Albert Einstein
- “A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.” - Lao Tzu
- “Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful.” - William Morris
- “Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.” - Leonardo da Vinci
- “Simplicity is the essence of happiness.” - Cedric Bledsoe
- “Eliminate physical clutter. More importantly, eliminate spiritual clutter.” -D.H. Mondfleur
- “Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.” - Confucius
- “My goal is no longer to get more done, but rather to have less to do.” Francine Jay, Miss Minimalist
And my all-time favorite minimalist quote that started me down this unfussy road:
- “Too many people spend money they haven’t earned, to buy things they don’t want, to impress people they don’t like.” - Will Rogers
Your turn for action, and it's a two-parter...
1. which quote makes you want to get rid of some crap that's weighing you down? Whether in your nest or in your noggin 2. what step are you going to take right now to unfuss your shit?
Leave your answers in the comments, person with the unfussiest shit wins.....happiness.
If you liked this, you'll love:
- less is more: lessons in downsizing from Jill
- less space = less stuff = more life
- this is embarrassing
- how to have a minimalist Christmas without being a scroogy a-hole